Thursday 19 February 2009

Patient, unwillingly.

“God's way of answering the Christian's prayer for more patience, experience, hope and love often is to put him into the furnace of affliction”

Richard Cecil quote

So results day is in...I knew the doctor would be busy first thing so we set to tidying a little in the living room and not going near the phone. At 10am I phoned for her results to be told by the machine that results are given out from 2pm! Honestly do these people NOT understand that i am not a patient lady, that i want to know NOW, that i tossed and turned a lot the past few nights and am tired and irritable, but mostly i want to help my baby and can't because i do not know what's wrong with her and wont be able to find out till this afternoon?
So i have had patience thrust upon me! I am aware that patience is a virtue but i have plenty other virtues and patience was never top on my list of priorities. Especially when it comes to my children.
Richards Mum and step Dad are coming for a visit today too. They are taking us out to lunch, which right now is probably the best thing for all of us, but mostly me! I hope Becky will be able to eat at least some of her meal, I also hope i do not seem too pre-occupied. But mostly i hope that when i call at 2pm on the dot we get the answers we really wish for, even if i have no idea what a good answer will be. I am sure its not BAD bad news because if it was they would have phoned up before now. Wouldn't they?

Is there anything you aren't good at? Patience? Forgiveness? anything at all? Can anyone out there relate to this?

1 comment:

Sparkles said...

Mmmmm we are so alike! Patience is cetainly not a virtue in my book, it is an outright inconvenience, lol, with regards to forgiveness - that is a tricky one. It all depends on the circumstances, and to be honest there are some things that simply CANNOT be forgiven ever, no matter how hard you try. I am thinking of you and little girly, and hope you get the respose we are all praying for 'ALL CLEAR!!'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails